Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Black-Eyed Susan, Bead Vine, Buddhist Rosary Bead, Carolina Muida, Cascavelle, Coral Bead Vine, Coral-Beadplant, Crab´s-Eye, Crab's Eye, Crab's Eyes, Crab's-Eye, Crab's-Eye Vine, Crabs Eye, Deadly Crab's Eye, Diridamu, Graine Diable, Graine Rouge, Graines D'eglise, Gwen L, Gwen Lglise, Gwen L≠glise, Herbe De Diable, Indian Licorice, Indian Liqourice, Indian Liquorice, Indian-Licorice, Jequeriti, Jequerity, Jequirity, Jequirity Bean, Jequirity-Bean, Jiquirit, John Crow Bead, Jumbee Bead, Jumbie Bead, Jumbie Bean, Lele, Leredamu, Liane Reglisse, Licorice, Licorice-Vine, Love-Bean, Lucky Bean, Lucky-Bean, Marronne, Minnie-Minnies, Ojo De Cangrejo, Olho-De-Cabra, Peon, Peron, Peronila, Pipi Tio, Pitipitio, Pois Rouge, Pomea Mataila, Prayer Beads, Prayer-Beads, Precatory, Precatory Bean, Precatory-Bean, Quinquet, Red Bean Vine, Red-Beadvine, Reglis, Reglisse, Rosary Pea, Rosary-Pea, Rosarypea, Rglisse D'amrique, Rglisse Marronne, Soldat, Tento, Tento Muido, Tento Muidom, Weather Plant, Weatherplant, Weathervine, Wild Licorice, Wild Liquorice, Wire Wiss
Common Names in French:
Yeux De Corbeaux
Common Names in Hawaiian:
Chirmi, Gunchi, Rati, Sarmai
Common Names in Malagasy:
Masogaga, Masomamboatorana, Masonamboatora, Masonombilahy, Matora, Voakatao, Voamaintilahy, Voamaintilama, Voamantilany, Voamantora, Voamatora, Voamena, Voamina
Common Names in Portuguese:
Alcaçuz-Da-América, Assacumirim, Jequiriti, Olho-De-Cabra-Miúdo, Olho-De-Pombo, Tento
Common Names in Sinhalese:
Common Names in Spanish:
Jequerity, Tento Muido
Common Names in Tamil:
Common Names in Yoruba:
Habit: Herb, Shrub • Climbing: Climbing
Flowers: Bloom Period: June, July, August. • Flower Color: magenta, near white, white
Size: 12-15' tall.
Soil: Minimum pH: 6.1 • Maximum pH: 7.8
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 9b, 10a, 10b, 11. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Order: Fabales () - Bromhead, 1838
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: f="http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/title/57905" () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Abrus abrus (L.)wright • Abrus cyaneus R. Vig. • Abrus maculatus Noronha • Abrus minor Desv. • Abrus pauciflorus Desv. • Abrus precatorius sensu Baker • Abrus precatorius var. novo-guineensis Miq. • Abrus squamulosus E. Mey. • Abrus tunguensis Lima • Glycine abrus L.
: L. Publication
: Systema Naturae 1767 (15-31 Oct.
Name Status: Accepted Name .
Comment: Climbing : Climbing, Conservation Status: Not Threatened, Habit: Shrub , Habit: Herb, Lifespan: Perennial
Members of the genus Abrus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 4 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Floral and faunal inventory of the eastern slopes of the Réserve naturelle intégrale d'Andringitra, Madagascar: with reference to elevational variation / Steven M. Goodman, editor. 85 1996 [Chicago, Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History, c1996. url fig. 2-2 , p. 62, p. 9.
- A List of plants of Formosa. Taiwan1910 url p. 23.
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A bibliographic enumeration of Bornean plants, by E. D. Merrill. Singapore, Printed by Fraser & Neave, ltd., 1921 url p. 308, p. 308.
- A botany for India, by P. F. Fyson. London, The Christian Literature Society for Indian (Madras Branch)1912. url p. 267, p. 318.
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url p. 393.
- A contribution to the phytogeography and flora of the Arfak mountains /by L.S. Gibbs. 1917 London: Taylor and Francis, 1917. url p. 16.
- A descriptive catalogue of useful fiber plants of the world: including the structural and economic classifications of fibers / by Charles Richards Dodge. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1897. url p. 35.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 153.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 183, p. 473, p. 557, p. 687.
- A dictionary of the plant names of the Philippine Islands / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1903. url p. 100, p. 119, p. 12, p. 13, p. 20, p. 28, p. 37, p. 44, p. 46, p. 48, p. 62, p. 63, p. 69, p. 85, p. 89.
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical in two parts; tr. from the original by Mrs. Hooker. .. with additions, an appendix on the natural method, and a synopsis of the orders by J.D. Hooker. London, Longmans, 1876. url p. 373.
- A hand-book to the flora of Ceylon: containing descriptions of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to the island, and notes on their history, distribution, and uses: with an atlas of plates illustrating some of the more inte by Henry Trimen. London: Dulau, 1893-1931. url p. 375, p. 388, p. 468, p. 470, p. 471, p. 57.
- A hand-book to the primates / by Henry O. Forbes. London: E. Lloyd, 1896-1897. url p. 165.
- A handbook of systematic botany / by Dr. E. Warming with a revision of the fungi by Dr. E. Knoblauch, tr. and ed. by M. C. Potter. New York: Macmillan & Co., 1895. url p. 473.
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url p. 575.
- A history of botany 1860-1900; being a continuation of Sachs History of botany, 1530-1860, ' by J. Reynolds Green. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 395.
- A history of botany, 1860-1900; being a continuation of Sachs "History of botany, 1530-1860". OxfordClarendon Press1909 url p. 395.
- A manual of Indian botany. London, Blackie & Son Ltd., 1920. url .
- A manual of Indian timbers: an account of the structure, growth, distribution, and qualities of Indian woods. CalcuttaOffice of the Superintendent of Govt. Printing1881 url p. 499.
- A manual of botany for Indian forest students, by R. S. Hole. Calcutta, Superintendent Government Printing, India, 1909. url p. 41.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1870. url p. 520.
- A manual of gardening for Bengal and Upper India. By Thomas A. C. Firminger. .. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink and co.; [etc., etc.]1874. url p. 326, p. 448.
- A manual of gardening for western and southern India, by R. Riddell. Ed. and rev. by Lieutenant-colonel Boddam. Madras: Higginbotham and co., 1884. url p. 97.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 581.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url , , , , , , .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 527, p. 534, p. 894.
- A manual of the Nílagiri district in the Madras Presidency. Compiled and edited by H. B. Grigg. Madras, Printed by E. Keys at the Government Press, 1880. url p. 145.
- A naturalist in Brazil; the record of a year's observation of her flora, her fauna, and her people, by Konrad Guenther. .. translated by Bernard Miall. .. Boston, Houghton Mifflin Company, 1931. url p. 391.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas, John I. Northrop, October 12, 1861-June 25, 1891; a memorial volume / edited with a biographical introd. New YorkColumbia University Press1910 url p. 157, p. 210.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: John I. Northrop, October 12 1861 - June 25, 1891; a memorial volume, ed., with a biographical introduction by Henry Fairfield Osborn. New York, The Columbia university press[c1910] url p. 157, p. 198, p. 210.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: New York, Columbia University Press[c1910] url , .
- A naturalist's wanderings in the Eastern archipelago; a narrative of travel and exploration from 1878 to 1883, by Henry O. Forbes. .. With numerous illustrations from the author's sketches and descriptions by Mr. John B. Gibbs. New York, Harper & brothers, 1885. url p. 503.
- A provisional list of the indigenous and naturalized flowering plants of Jamaica, Kingston, Jamaica, Aston W. Gardner & Co., 1893. url .
- A record of plants collected in Southern Rhodesia; arramged on Engler's system. Compiled by Fred. Eyles. Cape Town, 1916 url p. 380.
- A review of the identifications of the species described in Blanco's Flora de Filipinas, Manila, Bureau of public printing, 1905. url p. 38.
- A systematic catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to or growing wild in Ceylon. Colombo: G. J. A. Skeen, 1885. url .
- A text book of materia medica, being an account of the more important crude drugs of vegetable and animal origin, designed for students of pharmacy and medicine. London, Churchill, 1920. url p. 184, p. 545.
- A text book of veterinary ophthalmology / New York: W. R. Jenkins, . url .
- A text-book of bacteriology, including the etiology and prevention of infective diseases and a short account of yeasts, and moulds, haematazoa, and psorosperms. Philadelphia, W. B. Saunders, 1897. url .
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy, intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and as a handbook for food and drug analysts. London, Lippincott[c1907] url .
- A text-book of general bacteriology New York, The Macmillan company, 1911 url p. 255.
- A textbook of bacteriology: including the etiology and prevention of infective diseases and a short account of yeasts and moulds, haematoza, and psorosperms. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1897. url p. 527.
- A year in Fiji, or, An inquiry into the botanical, agricultural, and economical resources of the colony. By John Horne. .. Published at the request of the Hon. Sir A. H. Gordon. .. London: E. Stanford; [etc., etc.], 1881. url p. 256.
- American medicinal plants; an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry and physiological effects. By Charles F. Millspaugh. 1887 New York, Boericke & Tafel, c1887. url page 46- 6.
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 253.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 303.
- An enumeration of the vascular plants known from Surinam: together with their distribution and synonymy / by A. Pulle. Leiden: E. J. Brill, 1906. url p. 230, p. 509.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 166, p. 335, p. 73.
- An introduction to practical bacteriology: based upon the methods of Koch / by Edgar M. Crookshank. London: H.K. Lewis, 1886. url p. 226, p. 288.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, 1928-1929. url p. 371, p. 517.
- An introduction to the study of infection and immunity, including chapters on serum therapy, vaccine therapy, chemotherapy and serum diagnosis for students and practitioners, by Charles E. Simon New York, Lea & Febiger, 1913 url p. 94.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 218, p. 218, p. 260, p. 295, p. 295.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 1897-1898 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 131, p. 134, p. 170, p. 18, p. 186, p. 563, p. 8.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 145.
- Annual report of the Director of Forestry. Manila [etc.] url p. 45.
- Annual report of the Director to the Board of Trustees for the year. .. / Field Museum of Natural History Chicago, U.S.A.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1907-1943. url p. 238.
- Appletons' popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1895-1900. url p. 777.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 197, p. 428, p. 575.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 198, p. 198, p. 428, p. 575, p. 575.
- At last: a Christmas in the West Indies. London, Macmillan and co., 1871. url p. 276.
- Atlas and principles of bacteriology / by K.B. Lehmann and R.O. Neuman; authorized translation from the 2d enl. & rev. German ed. / edited by George H. Weaver. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 1901. url p. 74.
- Barbados-Antigua expedition; narrative and preliminary report of a zoological expedition from theUniversity of Iowa to the Lesser Antilles under the auspices of the Graduate College, by C.C. Nutt ing. Iowa City, The University url p. 266.
- Botanic drugs, their materia medica, pharmacology, and therapeutics, by Thomas S. Blair. Cincinnati, O.: The Therapeutic digest publishing co., 1917. url p. 204, p. 261, p. 353.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 20 1962-1964 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 173, p. 254.
- Botanical microtechnique, a hand-book of methods for the preparation, standing, and microscopical investigation of vegetable structures; tr. from the German by James Ellis Humphrey. New York, Holt, 1893. url , p. 109.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url , , p. 303, p. 308.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 84.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 54.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 1, p. 194, p. 219, p. 359.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 117, p. 317.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1919 1919 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 120, p. 91.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 355.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 1914 41 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 107, p. 277, p. 511, p. 641.
- Bulletin. Manila, Bureau of printing, 1903- url p. 102, p. 105, p. 70.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 139, p. 57, p. 66.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , .
- Catalogue of economic plants in the collection of the U. S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1891. url .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 256, p. 353, p. 59, p. 60, p. 749, p. 932.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 256, p. 353, p. 59, p. 60, p. 749, p. 932.
- Catalogue of the African plants London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url .
- Catalogue of the African plants collected by Dr. Friedrich Welwitsch in 1853-61. .. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url p. 247.
- Catalogue of the collections in the museum of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain compiled by E.M. Holmes. London, The Society, 1878. url p. 27.
- Catalogue of the economic products of the Presidency of Bombay: being a catalogue of the Government Central Museum, Division 1., Raw produce (vegetable) / compiled by Assistant Surgeon Birdwood. Bombay: Printed at the Education Society's Press, 1862. url p. 248, p. 281, p. 342.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 186, p. 274, p. 528.
- Chemical pathology, London, W. B. Saunders company, 1920. url p. 679.
- Chemical pathology; London, W. B. Saunders company, 1907 url p. 166.
- Chemical phenomena in life. London, Harper & bros., 1911. url p. 128.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 1, p. 419.
- Chronological history of plants: man's record of his own existence illustrated through their names, uses, and companionship. Boston, Little, Brown & company, 1879. url .
- Commercial botany of the nineteenth century. A record of progress in the utilisation of vegetable products in the United Kingdom, and the introduction of economic plants into the British colonies, during the present century. London [etc.]Cassell & Company, Limited, 1890. url .
- Contribution [I]-III to the coastal and plain flora of Yucatan, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1895 Chicago, 1895-1898. url p. v.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 10 1906-1908 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 133, p. 172, p. 197, p. 212, p. 215, p. 235, p. 242, p. 263, p. 279, p. 341, p. 403, p. 404, p. 469, p. 47, p. 489, p. 492, p. 63, p. 88.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam [Aberdeen]Printed for the University1912- url p. 62.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam. .. / by William Grant Craib. .. [Aberdeen]: Printed for the University of Aberdeen, 1912- url p. 62.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 111, p. 55.
- Dutch N. W. New Guinea. A contribution to the phytogeography and flora of the Arfak mountains, & c. By L. S. Gibbs. London: Taylor and Francis, 1917. url p. 16.
- Economic plants. An index to economic products of the vegetable kingdom in Jamaica. Comp. by William Fawcett. .. Jamaica, Govt. Print. Establishment, 1891. url , p. 50.
- Emin Pasha in central Africa: being a collection of his letters and journals / London: G. Philip & Son, 1888. url p. 20, p. 225, p. 523.
- Exotic microlepidoptera, v. 1-5, Mar. 1912-Sept. 1936. Hampton (Middx.), E. W. Classey Ltd., 1969. url p. 448.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 78.
- Experimental morphology, London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1897-1899. url .
- Experimental morphology, by Charles Benedict Davenport. London: The Macmillan company, 1897-99. url p. 22, p. 22.
- Experimental morphology. New York, MacMillan, 1908. url p. 22.
- Experimental morphology; by Charles Benedict Davenport. .. New York, The Macmillan Company;1908. url p. 22.
- Field Museum news. Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, [1930-1943] url p. 7.
- Flora Hongkongensis; a description of the flowering plants and ferns of the island of Hongkong. LondonL. Reeve1861 url p. 92.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 162.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 523.
- Flora of Guatemala: families Leguminosae, Geraniaceae, Oxalidaceae, Tropaeolaceae, Linaceae, Erythroxylaceae, Zygophyllaceae, Rutaceae, Simaroubaceae, Burseraceae, Meliaceae, and Malpighiaceae / by Paul C. Standley and Julian A. Steyermark. 24 1946 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1946. url p. 156.
- Flora of Jamaica, containing descriptions of the flowering plants known from the island, by William Fawcett and Alfred Barton Rendle. London.Printed by order of the Trustees of the British Museum, 1910- url p. 43, p. 43.
- Flora of Kwangtung and Hongkong (China) being an account of the floweriing plants, ferns and fern allies together with keys for their determination preceded by a map and introduction, London, H. M. Stationery off., printed by Darling and son, ltd., 1912. url .
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1943 Chicago, [Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 351.
- Flora of Yucatan, by Paul C. Standley. 3 1930 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 289.
- Flora of the Aguan valley and the coastal regions near La Ceiba, Honduras, by T. G. Yuncker. 9 1940 [Chicago]1940. url p. 293.
- Flora of the Hawaiian islands: a description of their phanerogams and vascular cryptogams /by William Hillebrand; annotated and published after the author's death by W.F. Hillebrand. 1888 London: New York: Williams & Norgate; B. Westermann, 1888. url p. 98.
- Flora of the Presidency of Madras / by J.S. Gamble. London: West, Newman and Adlard, 1915- url p. 349.
- Flora of the island of St. Croix. By Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1902 Chicago, 1902. url p. 496.
- Flora of the islands of Margarita and Coche, Venezuela / by John Robert Johnston. Boston: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1909. url p. 276.
- Flora of tropical Africa. By Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. London, L. Reeve, 1868-1902. url p. 175.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url .
- Flowers, fruits and leaves. London: Macmillan, 1886. url .
- Fragmenta Florae Philippinae: contributions to the flora of the Philippine Islands / by J. Perkins. Leipzig: Gebr. Borntraeger, 1904-1905. url p. 84.
- From the letter-files of S. W. Johnson, professor of agricultural chemistry in Yale university, 1856-1896, director of the Connecticut agricultural experiment station, 1877-1900; ed. by his daughter Elizabeth A. Osborne. New Haven: Yale University Press; [etc., etc.], 1913. url p. 242.
- Fruits and fruit-trees, home and foreign. An index to the kinds valued in Britain, with descriptions, histories, and other particulars. By Leo H. Grindon. .. Manchester [Eng.]Palmer and Howe; [etc., etc.]1885. url p. 311.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url .
- General index to the flora of Formosa as recorded in all literature up to the publication of Icones plantarum Formosanarum VI = Taiwan shokubutsu somokuroku / [B. Hayata] [Taihoku]: Taiwan Sotokufu Minseibu Shokusankyoku, 1917. url p. 17.
- Glimpses into the life of Indian plants: an elementary Indian botany / by I. Pfleiderer. Mangalore: Basel Mission Book and Tract Depository, 1916. url p. 286.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1242.
- Green manures and manuring in the tropics, including an account of the economic value of leguminosæ as sources of foodstuffs, vegetable oils, drugs, &c. By P. de Sornay. .. tr. by F.W. Flattely. .. from the well-known work, "Les plantes tropicales alimentaires et industrielles de la famille des légumineuses." London, J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, Ltd., 1916. url , , .
- Grisebach, A. H. R. Flora of the British West Indian islands /by A.H.R. Grisebach. -18 London, L. Reeve, 1864. url p. 190, p. 712.
- Hand-book of Indian flora; being a guide to all the flowering plants hitherto described as indigenous to the continent of India. [Madras?]Trabancore Sircar Press, 1864-69. url , , , , , .
- Handbook of plants. New York: P. Henderson, 1881. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 109, p. 175, p. 96.
- Harmsworth's Universal encyclopedia, written by the leading authorities in every branch of knowledge and edited by J.A. Hammerton. London, Educational Bk. Co.[n.d.] url p. 6311.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 102, p. 106, p. 307, p. 494.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants. By Peter Henderson. New York: P. Henderson & Co., 1881. url p. 5.
- Honduran mosses collected by Paul C. Standley, by Edwin B. Bartram. Chicago, 1929. url p. 365.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 477.
- Icones plantarum formosanarum nec non et contributiones ad floram formosanam: or, Icones of the plants of Formosa, and materials for a flora of the island, based on a study of the collections of the Botanical survey of the Government of Formosa / By B. Hayata. .. Taihoku: Bureau of Productive Industry, Government of Formosa, 1911-1921. url p. 194.
- Immunity, methods of diagnosis and therapy and their practical application, by Dr. Julius Citron. .. tr. from the German and ed. by A. L. Garbat. .. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1914] url p. 95.
- Immunity; methods of diagnosis and therapy and their practical application, by Dr. Julius Citron. .. tr. from the German and ed. by A. L. Garbat. .. 27 illustrations, colored plates and 8 charts Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.1912 url p. 87.
- In the Andamans and Nicobars; the narrative of a cruise in the schooner "Terrapin", with notices of the islands, their fauna, ethnology, etc., by C. Boden Kloss. .. London: J. Murray, 1903. url p. 346.
- Index of plants. 1912. Singapore, Printed at the Methodist Publishing House, 1912. url .
- Indian trees: an account of trees, shrubs, woody climbers, bamboos, and palms indigenous or commonly cultivated in the British Indian empire / London: A. Constable, 1906. url p. 225.
- Infection and immunity: a text-book of immunology and serology for students and practitioners / by Charles E. Simon. .. Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger, 1915. url p. 96.
- Infection, immunity and serum therapy: in relation to the infectious diseases of man / by H.T. Ricketts. Chicago: American Medical Association Press, 1911. url p. 427.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 227, p. 436.
- Introduction to immunochemical specificity. New York, Interscience Publishers,  url p. 65.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url , p. 145.
- Johnson's Gardeners' dictionary and cultural instructor. London, A. T. De La Mare printing and publishing co., ltd. url p. 620.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 2 1906 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 67.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 11, p. 184, p. 335, p. 351, p. 63, p. 95.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 17 1997 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 10, p. 14, p. 172, p. 179, p. 204.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 33 1932 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 107, p. 283, p. 300.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 1077, p. 1107, p. 1117, p. 1122, p. 773.
- Journal of the Straits Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society. 32-33 1899-1900 Singapore: the Society, 1878-1922. url p. 70.
- Leaflets of Philippine botany. 6 1913-1914 Manila: Oriental Printing Co., 1906-1939. url p. 2169, p. 2425, p. 2703, p. 3849.
- Lessons in Elementary Botany, the part of Systematic Botany based upon material left in manuscript by the late Prof. Henslow. London, MacMillan, 1888. url p. 149.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 4.
- List of trees, shrubs, and principal climbers, etc., recorded from Burma: with vernacular names / by J.H. Lace. Rangoon, Burma: Supt., Govt. Print., 1922. url p. 282, p. 52.
- Madagascar: an environmental profile IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 349, p. 358, p. 359, p. 360, p. 363, p. 365, p. 371.
- Manual of bacteriology / by Edgar M. Crookshank. London: Lewis, 1887. url p. 312, p. 431.
- Manual of bacteriology / by Robert Muir and James Ritchie; with one hundred and seventy-one illustrations. New York: Macmillan, 1907. url p. 169.
- Manual of bacteriology, by Robert Muir. .. and James Ritchie. New York: MacMillan,  url p. 196.
- Manual of bacteriology. Edinburgh, Pentland, 1907. url p. 169.
- Materials for a flora of the Malayan Peninsula. By George King [and J.S. Gamble]. Calcutta;1889-1936. url p. 34.
- Medical contributions to the study of evolution / New York: Macmillan Company, 1918. url p. 47.
- Memoirs of the Department of Agriculture in India. Calcutta: Published for the Imperial Dept. of Agriculture in India by Thacker, Spink, 1906-1931. url , , , , , p. 4.
- Memoirs of the Queensland Museum. Brisbane, Queensland Museum, 1912- url p. 12, p. 9.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 12 1902-1907 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 41, p. 81, p. 93.
- Micro-organisms and disease. An introduction to the study of specific micro-organisms. London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1896. url , .
- Micro-organisms and disease: an introduction into the study of specific micro-organisms / by E. Klein. London: Macmillan, 1886. url p. 209, p. 209, p. 220, p. 223, p. 227, p. 227, p. 265.
- Micro-organisms with special reference to the etiology of the infective diseases, by Dr. C. Flügge. .. Tr. from the 2d and thoroughly rev. ed. of "Fermente und mikroparasiten". By W. Watson Cheyne. .. With 144 drawings London, The New Sydenham society, 1890 url p. 346.
- Microbes & toxins / by Étienne Burnet; with a preface by Élie Metchnikoff; tr. from the French by Charles Broquet and W. M. Scott. New York: G. P. Putnam, 1912. url p. 168.
- Microbes & toxins, London, W. Heinemann, 1912. url .
- Microbes, ferments and moulds / by E. L. Trouessart. New York: D. Appleton, 1892. url p. 281, p. 294.
- Microbes, ferments and moulds, New York, D. Appleton and Co., 1886. url .
- Microbes, ferments and moulds, by E. L. Trouessart. With one hundred and seven illustrations. New York: D. Appleton and co., 1886. url p. 294, p. 309.
- Microbes, ferments and moulds. London:Kegan, Paul, Trench, 1886. url p. 281, p. 294, p. 309.
- Microbes, ferments and moulds. New York, Appleton, 1890. url p. 281, p. 294, p. 309.
- Minor products of Philippine forests, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1920-1921. url , , , , , , , , , .
- More letters of Charles Darwin. A record of his work in a series of hitherto unpublished letters, ed. by Francis Darwin. .. and A.C. Seward. .. London, J. Murray, 1903. url p. 349.
- Natural history of Hawaii, being an account of the Hawaiian people, the geology and geography of the islands, and the native and introduced plants and animals of the group, Honolulu, Hawaii[Printed for the author by] the Hawaiian gazette co., ltd., 1915. url p. 511.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url , p. 117, p. 161, p. 263, p. 283, p. 621, p. v, p. viii, p.
- New illustrated encyclopedia of gardening, unabridged. Edited by T.H. Everett, with contributions from twenty horticulturists and authorities in the United States and Canada. New York, Greystone Press[1964-] url p. 19.
- North American trees: being descriptions and illustrations of the trees growing independently of cultivation in North America, north of Mexico and the West Indies / New York: H. Holt and Co., 1908. url , , .
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 531, p. 605, p. 607.
- Observations on the gestation of some sharks and rays / Calcutta: Asiatic Society, 1891. url p. 279.
- Occasional papers of Bernice P. Bishop Museum. Honolulu, Bishop Museum Press, 1898-1984. url p. 104, p. 112, p. 18, p. 22.
- On the flora of Cutch / by E. Blatter. [Bombay: Bombay Natural History Society], 1908-1909. url p. 27.
- Ornamental gardening in Florida, by Charles Torrey Simpson; a treatise on the decorative plants adapted to Florida and their cultivation, with suggestions for the ornamentation of Florida homes and grounds. Little River, Fla., The author, 1916. url p. 156, p. 187, p. 187.
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 55.
- Papers and proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania. Hobart, Tasmania, The Society. url p. 48, p. 97.
- Pathogenic micro-organisms, including bacteria and Protozoa; a practical manual for students, physicians and health officers, by William Hallock Park...assisted by Anna W. Williams...With 165 engravings and 4 full-page plates. New York andLea brothers & co., 1905. url p. 94.
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 441.
- Pharmacographia: a history of the principal drugs of vegetable origin met with in Great Britain and British India / by Friedrich A. Flückiger and Daniel Hanbury. London: Macmillan, 1879. url p. 769.
- Philippine fiber plants, / by William H. Brown. Manila: Bureau of Printing; 1919. url p. 105.
- Physiology at the farm in aid of rearing and feeding the live stock. Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and sons. url p. 375.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 144.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 382, p. 454.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, New York, A. T. De La Mare Co., Inc.[c1921] url .
- Plant lore, legends, and lyrics. Embracing the myths, traditions, superstitions, and folk-lore of the plant kingdom. By Richard Folkard, jun. London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, and Rivington, 1884. url p. 22.
- Plant names, scientific and popular, including in the case of each plant the correct botanical name in accordance with the reformed nomenclature, together with botanical and popular synonyms. .. Comp. from the most authentic sources by A. B. Lyons. Detroit, Nelson, Baker & Co., 1900. url p. 8.
- Plant-geography upon a physiological basis. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1903. url p. 353.
- Plantae Utowanae. Plants collected in Bermuda, Porto Rico, St. Thomas, Culebras, Santo Domingo, Jamaica, Cuba, The Caymans, Cozumel, Yucatan and the Alacran shoals. Dec. 1898-Mar. 1899. The Antillean cruise of the yach 2 1900 Chicago, 1900. url p. 51.
- Plants of the Bahamas, Jamaica and Grand Cayman, by A.S. Hitchcock. .. Issued March 9, 1893. St. Louis, 1893 url p. 76.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 596.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 596.
- Poisonous plants of Canada / [Ottawa]: Agriculture Canada, 1990. url p. 31, p. 51, p. 67, p. 76, p. 89, p. 93.
- Poisonous plants of the Midwest / [Urbana]: Dept. of Landscape Architecture, University of Illinois, 1983. url p. 21, p. 26.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. 150, p. vii.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p. vii.
- Preliminary report on the forest and other vegetation of Pegu. CalcuttaC.B. Lewis, Baptist Mission Press1875 url p. 43, p. v.
- Principles of microbiology; a treatise on Bacteria, Fungi and Protozoa pathogenic for domesticated animals, by Veranus Alva Moore. .. one hundred and one illustrations. Ithaca, N. Y., Carpenter & company, 1912. url p. 444.
- Proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: [The Society]1865-1905. url , p. 168.
- Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. Honolulu: Hawaiian Entomological Society url , .
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , , , p. 239.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Queensland. [Brisbane, Royal Society of Queensland]1885- url p. 35.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 96.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url , p. 357.
- Proceedings of the annual convention of the society of American Florists. Boston [etc.]Society of American Florists and Ornamental Horticulturalists. url p. 141, p. 90.
- Publication / Institute of Social Anthropology. Washington: U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1944- url p. 332, p. 341.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. 2 1900 Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 51.
- Records of the Australian Museum. Sydney: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1890- url .
- Reise durch einige der mittlern und su?dlichen Vereinigten Nordamerikanischen Staaten, nach Ost-Florida und den Bahama Inseln unternommen in den jahren 1783 und 1784, von Johann David Scho?pf. .. Cincinnati, J.U. & C.G. Lloyd, 1911. url .
- Report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1863-1889. url p. 203.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 140, p. 280.
- Revision of the West-Indian microlepidoptera: with descriptions of new species / [London]: Zoological Society of London, 1897. url p. 107.
- Root-knot and its control. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 11.
- Science from an easy chair. London: Methuen,  url p. 160.
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url p. 110.
- Science progress. London: Scientific Press, [1894-1898] url p. 120, p. 241.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 1023, p. 1026, p. 109.
- Scientific and applied pharmacognosy, intended for the use of students in pharmacy, as a hand book for pharmacists, and as a reference book for food and drug analysts and pharmacologists. New York, Wiley, 1920. url p. 314.
- Sino-Iranica; Chinese contributions to the history of civilization in ancient Iran, with special reference to the history of cultivated plants and products / by Berthold Laufer -- Chicago, 1919. url p. 215, p. 215, p. 617, p. 617.
- Sketch of the forestry of West Africa with particular reference to its present principal commercial products. London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1887. url , .
- South African journal of science. [Marshalltown, Transvaal: South African Association for the Advancement of Science, url p. 197, p. 351, p. 354.
- South American plants, by J. Francis Macbride. .. also new Euphorbias by C. F. Millspaugh and Canavalias by C. V. Piper. 4 1925 Chicago, 1925. url p. 91.
- Special scientific report. Seattle, National Marine Fisheries Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1949-1971. url p. 14.
- Spolia zeylanica. S.l.: s.n. url , p. 12.
- St. Helena: the historic island from its discovery to the present date, by E.L. Jackson, illustrated from photographs. New York, Thomas Whittaker, 1905. url p. 323.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 359, p. 453.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 266.
- Studies in seeds and fruits, an investigation with the balance, London, Williams and Norgate, 1912. url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 17.
- Systematic list of the trees, shrubs and woody-climbers of the Bombay Presidency / by W.A. Talbot. Bombay: Printed at the Govt. Central Press, 1894. url p. 70.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 26, p. 571.
- Technical mycology, the utilization of micro-organisms in the arts and manufactures, with an introduction by E.C. Hansen, tr. by Charles T.C. Salter. London, Griffin, 1910- url p. 234.
- Technical mycology; the utilization of micro-organisms in the arts and manufactures. A practical handbook on fermentation and fermentative processes, for the use of brewers and distillers, analysts, technical and agricultural chemists, pharmacists, and all interested in the industries London: C. Griffin, 1910-1911. url p. 234.
- Text-book of bacteriology, by Carl Fraenkel. New York, William Wood and company, 1891. url p. 527.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 273.
- Text-book of physiological and pathological chemistry. Translated from the fourth German ed. by Florence A. Starling and edited by Ernest H. Starling. Philadelphia, Blakiston, 1902. url p. 416.
- Text-book of physiological chemistry in thirty lectures, by Emil Abderhalden. .. tr. by William T. Hall. .. and George Defren. New York, J. Wiley & sons; [etc., etc.]1911. url p. 681.
- Text-book of physiology; ed. by E. A. Schäfer Edinburgh & London, Y. J. Pentland, 1898-1900 url p. 55.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 19, p. 273, p. 273.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 2185.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 90.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url , p. 509, p. 510, p. 514.
- The Bahama Islands / edited by George Burbank Shattuck. New York: Macmillan, 1905. url , p. 255, p. 603.
- The Bahama Islands, London, The Macmillan company, 1905. url p. 255, p. 255, p. 603.
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 187, p. 187.
- The Biochemical journal. London [etc.]Cambridge University Press. url p. 281, p. 282, p. 283, p. 286.
- The Book of gardening; a handbook of horticulture. London, C. Scribner's Sons, 1900. url .
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 2, p. 322, p. 340, p. 382, p. 461, p. 462, p. 466, p. 606.
- The Cuba review. New York: Munson Steamship Line, 1907-1931. url .
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 705, p. 836, p. 949.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 138, p. 208, p. 38, p. 98.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , , p. 110, p. 115, p. 160, p. 192, p. 212, p. 23, p. 234, p. 335, p. 34, p. 358, p. 399, p. 420, p. 445, p. 457, p. 503, p. 511, p. 568, p. 572, p. 60, p. 606, p. 612, p. 632, p. 653, p. 704, p. 708, p. 755.
- The Hawaiian forester and agriculturist. Honolulu: Hawaiian Gazette Co., 1904-1933. url .
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url , p. 115, p. 173, p. 268, p. 268.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url , , p. 170, p. 177, p. 240, p. 424, p. 492, p. 543, p. 578, p. 769.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 109, p. 418.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 27 1891 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 10, p. 107, p. 112, p. 145, p. 147, p. 173, p. 187, p. 204, p. 261, p. 30, p. 312, p. 332, p. 360, p. 443, p. 471, p. 486, p. 499, p. 51, p. 533, p. 539, p. 545, p. 557, p. 57, p. 677, p. 86, p. 87, p. 88, p. 91.
- The Leguminosae of Porto Rico. By J. Perkins. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1907. url p. 133, p. 197.
- The Monthly bulletin of the State Commission of Horticulture. Sacramento, Calif.: The Commission, 1911-1919. url p. 754.
- The Philippine journal of science. 5 1910 Manila. url p. 108, p. 184, p. 267, p. 32, p. 381, p. 400, p. 410, p. 419, p. 425, p. 477, p. 513, p. 545, p. 66, p. 91.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 26.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 777.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 394.
- The Toxins and Venoms and their antibodies; tr. by Alfred I. Cohn. New York, Wiley, 1906. url p. 21, p. 43.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 36 1954 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 1043.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 106, p. 126, p. 146, p. 179, p. 62.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 30, p. 305.
- The botany of Bihar and Orissa: an account of all the known indigenous plants of the province and of the most important or most commonly cultivated exotic ones / with maps and introduction by H. H. Haines. London: Printed by Adlard and sold by agents for Indian Official Publications, 1921-25. url p. 1239.
- The commercial products of India: being an abridgment of The dictionary of the economic products of India / by Sir George Watt; published under the authority of His Majesty's secretary of state for India in council. London: J. Murray, 1908. url .
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 302, p. 302, p. 379.
- The desert world. From the French of Arthur Mangin. Edited and enlarged by the translator of "The bird, by Michelet." With 160 illustrations by W. Freeman, Foulquier, and Yan Dargent. London, T. Nelson, 1869. url p. 428.
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url , , , , .
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 175.
- The flora of Singapore. Singapore, 1900 url p. 70.
- The flora of the Dutch West Indian islands. .. by I. Boldingh. Leyden, E. J. Brill, 1909-14. url p. 174, p. 180, p. 42.
- The flora of the Malay Peninsula. By Henry N. Ridley, with illus. by J. Hutchinson. London, L. Reeve & co., ltd., 1922-25. url p. 558.
- The flora of the Northern Territory, Melbourne, McCarron, Bird & Co., Printers, 1917. url , .
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url .
- The flowering plants of Western India. London, W. H. Allen url p. 86.
- The food of birds in India, by C.W. Mason, edited by H. Maxwell-Lefroy. Calcutta, Imperial Dept. of Agric. in India, 1911. url p. 240.
- The forests and flora of British Honduras / by Paul C. Standley and Samuel J. Record; in cooperation with the Conservator of Forests and the Agricultural Officer of the Colony. 12 1936 Chicago: [Field Museum of Natural History], 1936. url p. 179.
- The forests and gardens of South India. London, W. H. Allen, 1861. url .
- The gardens' bulletin, Straits Settlements. Singapore: Straits Times Press, 1913-1941. url p. 1, p. 199.
- The genera of South African plants: arranged according to the natural system / by William Henry Harvey. Cape Town: J.C. Juta, 1868. url p. 87.
- The human side of plants, New York: Frederick A. Stokes company, [c1914] url p. 98.
- The human side of plants, by Royal Dixon, with four illustrations in colors and thirty-two in black-and-white. New York: Frederick A. Stokes company, [c1914] url p. 98.
- The medicinal plants of the PHilippines, by T. H. Pardo de Tavera. .. tr. and rev. by Jerome B. Thomas, jr. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.1901. url , , , , .
- The medicinal plants of the Philippines / by T. H. Pardo de Tavera; translated and revised by Jerome B. Thomas. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., 1901. url p. 246, p. 247, p. 252, p. 254, p. 256, p. 88, p. 89.
- The microanalysis of powdered vegetable drugs, by Albert Schneider. .. with 237 illustrations Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1921] url p. 47.
- The miscellaneous botanical works of Robert Brown vol. II, containing III. systematic memoirs, and IV. contributions to systematic works. London: Published for the Ray Society by R. Hardwicke, 1867. url .
- The natural history of plants. Translated by Marcus M. Hartog. LondonL. Reeve1871- url p. 375.
- The naturalist in Australia, London, Chapman & Hall, 1897. url , .
- The naturalist in Australia, by W. Saville-Kent. .. London, Chapman & Hall, limited, 1897. url p. 291.
- The organic constituents of plants and vegetable substances and their chemical analysis / by G.C. Wittstein; authorized translation from the German original, enlarged with numerous additions by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: MCarron, Bird & Co., 1878. url p. 264, p. 94.
- The physiology of plants. a treatise upon the metabolism and sources of energy in plants, ed. by A.J. Ewart. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1900-6. url .
- The physiology of the domestic animals; a text-book for veterinary and medical students and practitioners. Philadelphia and London, F. A. Davis, 1889. url p. 98.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 176, p. 2705, p. 3578, p. 3611, p. 42.
- The structure and functions of bacteria, Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1900. url .
- The toxins and venoms, and their antibodies, New York, J. Wiley & sons; [etc., etc.]1906. url , .
- The tropical agriculturist. Colombo, Ceylon: A.M. & J. Ferguson, 1882- url , p. 131, p. 241, p. 542, p. 743.
- The useful native plants of Australia, (including Tasmania) by J. H. Maiden. Sydney, Turner and Henderson, 1889. url p. 114.
- The useful plants of the island of Guam; with an introductory account of the physical features and natural history of the island, of the character and history of its people, and of their agriculture / by William Edwin Safford. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 172.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 200, p. 88.
- The vegetable proteins, by Thomas B. Osborne. London, Longmans, Green, 1909. url p. 110, p. 92.
- The vegetable proteins. London, Longmans, 1909. url p. 110, p. 92.
- Through Angola, a coming colony, by Colonel J. C. B. Statham. .. With 138 illustrations, 2 maps and 4 charts. Edinburgh: W. Blackwood & sons, 1922. url p. 345.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 94.
- Toxines and antitoxines, by Carl Oppenheimer; tr. from the German by C. Ainsworth Mitchell. London, C. Griffin, 1906. url , .
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 176, p. 87.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 110, p. 110, p. 110, p. 242, p. 242, p. 242, p. 92, p. 92.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url , p. 4, p. 6.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 6 1901-1905 London. url p. 491.
- Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia. Adelaide, Australia: The Society, 1890-1903. url p. 118, p. 17, p. 70.
- Transactions of the South African Philosophical Society. 18 1907 Cape Town, : The Society. url p. 148.
- Travels in the Confederation, 1783-1784. From the German. Translated and edited by Alfred J. Morrison. Philadelphia, W.J. Campbell, 1911. url p. 312.
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url p. 403, p. 492.
- Useful plants and drugs of Iran and Iraq / by David Hooper. With notes by Henry Field. 9 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 221, p. 227, p. 234, p. 79.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 1002, p. 1016, p. 347, p. 434, p. 439, p. 457, p. 560, p. 597, p. 673, p. 681, p. 801, p. 854, p. 955.
- Veterinary bacteriology; a treatise on the bacteria, yeasts, molds, and protozoa pathogenic for domestic animals, by Robert Earle Buchanan. London, W. B. Saunders company, 1911. url p. 130, p. 497.
- Veterinary notes for horse owners. A manual of horse medicine and surgery, written in popular language. London, Hurst and Blackett, limited, 1915. url .
- Vines and how to grow them: a manual of climbing plants for flower, foliage and fruit effects, both ornamental and useful, including those shrubs and similar forms that may be used as vines / Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page & Company, [c1911] url , , .
- Vines and how to grow them; a manual of climbing plants for flower, foliage and fruit effects, both ornamental and useful, including those shrubs and similar forms that may be used as vines. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & company, 1911. url p. 160, p. 305.
- Viti: an account of a government mission to the Vitian or Fijian Islands in the years 1860-61. By Berthold Seemann. . Cambridge, Macmillan & Co., 1862 url p. 435.
- Wonders of plant life. London, Cassell, 1912. url p. 186, p. 227.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 145.
- Zambezia: a general description of the valley of the Zambezi River, from its delta to the River Aroangwa, with its history, agriculture, flora, fauna, and ethnography / London: J. Murray, 1910. url .
- [Pamphlets on agriculture in Guam] S.l.: s.n., 1905-1916 url p. 172.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 119, p. 12, p. 13, p. 20, p. 28, p. 38, p. 48, p. 62, p. 63, p. 84, p. 89.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 9, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 15, 2007:
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- Herbier de la Guyane, Herbier de la Guyane
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, NSW herbarium collection
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, Plants of Papua New Guinea
- Taiwan Biodiversity Information Facility, Magnoliophyta
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3874543
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-1571
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13635740
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:52492-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 739
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 26416
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 52492-3
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDFAB01010
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: ABAB2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 1529