A Kingdom in the Kingdom Viruses.
- Kingdom: Viruses
The Kingdom Viruses is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (6): Mammalian Prions · Myoviridae · Podoviridae · Potyviridae · Rhabdoviridae · Siphoviridae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 2,325 species and subspecies in the Kingdom Viruses.
The Myoviridae is a family of bacteriophages. It has been divided into three subfamiles and a number of genera not yet assigned to a subfamily. There are at least 130 species in this family. [more]
Rhabdoviruses are viruses belonging to the family Rhabdoviridae, which is in the order Mononegavirales. The name is derived from the Greek rhabdos meaning rod referring to the shape of the viral particles. Rhabdoviruses infect a broad range of hosts throughout the animal and plant kingdoms. Animal rhabdoviruses infect insects, fish, and mammals, including humans. [more]
At least 64 species and subspecies belong to the Family Siphoviridae.
More info about the Family Siphoviridae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.