The Family Gymnodiniaceae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (25): Akashiwo · Amphesolenia · Amphidinium · Aureodinium · Bernardinium · Cochlodinium · Diversocallis · Erythropsis · Esoptrodinium · Gymnodinium · Gyrodinium · Karenia · Karlodinium · Katodinium · Lepidodinium · Massartia · Melodinium · Pavillardia · Permocalculus · Pheopolykrikos · Plectodinium · Protodinium · Schillingia · Torodinium · Woloszynskia
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 598 species and subspecies in the Family Gymnodiniaceae.
Amphidinium is a genus of dinoflagellate. [more]
Gymnodinium is a genus of dinoflagellates. It is one of the few naked dinoflagellates, or species lacking armor (cellulosic plates). Since 2000, the species which had been considered to be part of Gymnodinium have been divided into several genera, based on the nature of the apical groove and the biochemistry (specifically, the identity of the main carotenoid): [more]
At least 21 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Woloszynskia.
More info about the Genus Woloszynskia may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.