The Phylum Amoebozoa is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Subphylum (1): Conosa
- Infraphylum (2): Archamoebae · Mycetozoa
- Class (8): Archamoebea · Flabellinea · Holomastigea · Myxogastrea · Spongomonadea · Stelamoebea · Tubulinea · Variosea
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 2,809 species and subspecies in the Phylum Amoebozoa.
The Flabellinea are a class of Amoebozoa. During locomotion the cells are flattened and have a clear layer called hyaloplasm along the front margin. Some form slender subpseudopodia projecting outward from the hyaloplasm, but the cell mass does not flow into these as in true pseudopodia, and advances without a definite central axis as in the Tubulinea. They also lack distinctive features like shells and flagella, and are united mainly by evidence from molecular trees. [more]
More info about the Class Variosea may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.