The Tribe Zanthoxyleae is a member of the Subfamily Rutoideae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Zanthoxyleae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta
Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Tribe Zanthoxyleae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (9): Bosistoa · Choisya · Evodiella · Fagara · Huodendron · Melicope · Orixa · Platydesma · Zanthoxylum
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1,381 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Tribe Zanthoxyleae.
Bosistoa is an Australian of plants with 6 species in the family Rutaceae. Most of them are endangered due to forest clearing and encroachment by weeds. They are known colloquially as bonewoods or satinhearts. [more]
Choisya () is a small genus of aromatic evergreen shrubs in the rue family, Rutaceae. Members of the genus are commonly known as Mexican Orange or Mock Orange due to the similarity of their flowers with those of the closely related Orange, both in shape and scent. They are native to southern North America, from the southwestern United States (Arizona, New Mexico, Texas) and south through most of Mexico. In its generic name Humboldt and Bonpland honoured Swiss botanist Jacques Denis Choisy (1799-1859). [more]
Fagara is a genus of in family Rutaceae. It is also known as prickly ash and is commonly used in Chinese cuisine. Its Chinese name is huajiao ??. When eaten, it produces a mildly spicy and numbing effect in the mouth, a distinct component of the mala ?? style of Chinese cooking. It contains the following species (but this list may be incomplete): [more]
Huodendron is a genus of four species of flowering plants in the family Styracaceae, native to eastern Asia, from southern China south to Thailand and Vietnam. [more]
Melicope is a genus of about 230 species of shrubs and trees in the family Rutaceae, occurring from the Hawaiian Islands across the Pacific to tropical Asia, Australia and New Zealand. The temperate Asian genus Tetradium (which sometimes include the tropical Euodia) is closely related to Melicope and is sometimes merged into it. [more]
Platydesma is a of plant in family Rutaceae. It contains the following species (but this list may be incomplete): [more]
Zanthoxylum (from the Greek Î¾Î±Î½Î¸á½¸Î½ Î¾ÏÎ»Î¿Î½, "yellow wood") is a genus of about 250 species of deciduous and evergreen trees and shrubs in the family Rutaceae, native to warm temperate and subtropical areas worldwide. Common names include prickly-ash and hercules' club. [more]
At least 619 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Zanthoxylum.
More info about the Genus Zanthoxylum may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.