The Subfamily Yuccoideae is a member of the Family Stangeriaceae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Yuccoideae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Subfamily Yuccoideae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Tribe (6): Colchiceae · Exaceae · Gentianeae · Hyacintheae · Maranteae · Zamieae
- Genus (16): Bowenia · Bowkeria · Brunia · Colchicum · Conocephalum · Ctenanthe · Dumortiera · Exacum · Hosta · Leucadendron · Marchantia · Petalophyllum · Preissia · Reboulia · Riccardia · Veltheimia
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 23 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Subfamily Yuccoideae.
The genus Bowenia, includes two living and two species of cycads in the family Stangeriaceae, and is entirely restricted to Australia. The two living species occur in Queensland, where they grow in the warm, wet, tropical rainforests, on protected slopes and near streams, primarily in the lowlands. [more]
Colchicum is a genus of flowering plants containing around sixty species of perennial plants which grow from corms. It is a member of family Colchicaceae, and is native to West Asia and part of the Mediterranean coast. [more]
Conocephalum is a of liverworts in order Marchantiales. It is the only member of family Conocephalaceae within that order. This genus has worldwide distribution. [more]
Exacum is a genus of plant in family Gentianaceae. It contains the following species (but this list may be incomplete): [more]
Hosta (, syn.: Funkia) is a genus of about 23?45 species of lily-like plants in the family Asparagaceae, subfamily Agavoideae, native to northeast Asia. They have been placed in their own family, Hostaceae (or Funkiaceae); like many 'lilioid monocots', they were once classified in the Liliaceae. The scientific name is also used as the common name; in the past they were also sometimes called the Corfu Lily, the Day Lily, or the Plantain lily, but these terms are now obsolete. The name Hosta is in honor of the Austrian botanist Nicholas Thomas Host. The Japanese name Giboshi is also used in English to a small extent. The rejected generic name Funkia, also used as a common name, can be found in some older literature. [more]
Leucadendron is a genus of about 80 species of in the family Proteaceae, endemic to South Africa, where they are a prominent part of the fynbos vegetation. [more]
Marchantia is a in the family Marchantiaceae of the order Marchantiales, a group of liverworts. [more]
Preissia is a of liverworts in order Marchantiales. It is a member of family Marchantiaceae within that order. This genus has worldwide distribution. [more]
At least 21 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Veltheimia.
More info about the Genus Veltheimia may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.