A Family in the Kingdom Plantae.
The Family Theophrastaceae is a member of the Order Myrsinales. Here is the complete "parentage" of Theophrastaceae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta
Sinnott, 1935 Ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 Ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Family Theophrastaceae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Subfamily (1): Theophrastoideae
- Tribe (1): Theophrasteae
- Genus (6): Clavija · Horta · Jaquinia · Sileriana · Votschia · Zacintha
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 16 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Family Theophrastaceae.
At least 3 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Zacintha.
More info about the Genus Zacintha may be found here.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.