Lianas. Leaves opposite, long petiolate. Cymes extra-axillary, pendulous, rachis laxly branched. Calyx with 5 glands at base. Corolla tube cylindric, with enlarged base, throat sometimes constricted; lobes patent, twisted to right. Corona lobes 5, adnate to base of staminal tube, margin and apex free, erect, oblong, obtuse, with ligulate inner lobes adnate to near apex, or corona lobes notched. Filaments connate into a tube; membranous anther appendages incurved; pollinia 2 per pollinarium, oblong, erect. Stigma head convex or conical. Follicles thick, acuminate, smooth. Seeds comose.
The Genus Telosma is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 15 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Genus Telosma: T. accedens · T. accedeus · T. africana (African Telosma) · T. africanum · T. angustiloba · T. cathayensis · T. cordata (Cowslip Creeper) · T. crispipetala · T. madagascariensis · T. minor · T. odoratissima · T. pallida · T. parviflora · T. procumbens · T. unyorensis
- "Telosma". in Flora of China Vol. 16 Page 241. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.