Shrubs, usually climbing. Hairs stellate. Leaves opposite, simple, margin entire or serrate. Inflorescences pedunculate, capitate cymes, subtended by a whorl of 6 prominent involucral bracts. Calyx 5- or 6-dentate. Corolla white, small, tube cylindric, lobes 6-16(-18) . Stamens 6-16(-18) . Ovary 2- or imperfectly 4-locular; ovules 2 per locule, pendulous, only 1 fertile. Capsules indehiscent, included within an enlarged calyx. Cotyledons fleshy, usually with abundant oil.
The Genus Symphorema is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 11 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Genus Symphorema: S. cumingianum · S. glabrum · S. grossum · S. involucratum · S. luzonicum · S. luzoniense · S. microstylis · S. paniculatum · S. pentandrum · S. polyandrum · S. unguiculatum
- P'ei Chien & Chen Shou-liang, eds. 1982. Verbenaceae. Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 65(1): 1-229.
- Shou-liang Chen & Michael G. Gilbert "Symphorema". in Flora of China Vol. 17 Page 47. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.