The Tribe Robinieae is a member of the Subfamily Papilionoideae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Robinieae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Tribe Robinieae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (6): Coursetia · Diphysa · Gliricidia · Phellodendron · Robinia · Tetradium
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 369 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Tribe Robinieae.
Coursetia is a large genus of perennial herbs and shrubs native to the that belongs to the family Fabaceae. [more]
Phellodendron or Cork-tree, is a genus of trees in the family Rutaceae, native to east and northeast Asia. It has leathery, pinnate leaves and yellow, clumped flowers. The name refers to the thick and corky bark of some (but not all) species in the genus. [more]
Trees or shrubs, sometimes provided with glandular hairs. Leaf imparipinnate, leaflets entire, often stipellate; stipules sometimes spinescent. Inflorescence an axillary raceme, flowers white or rose-purple. Bract caducous; bracteoles absent. Calyx teeth short broad, upper two subconnate. Vexillum large, wings free, keel incurved, obtuse. Stamens mono or diadelphous, vexillary stamen free at the base, connate in the middle into a closed tube or at length free; anthers uniform or dimorphic. Ovary stipitate, many ovuled, style hairy at the apex, stigma terminal. Fruit linear, flat, narrowly winged along the upper suture, 2-valved, continuous. Seeds reniform, not strophiolate. [more]
Tetradium is a genus of about 5 to 10 species of trees in the family Rutaceae, occurring in temperate to tropical east Asia. In cultivation in English-speaking countries, they are known as Euodia, Evodia, or Bee bee tree. [more]
At least 28 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Tetradium.
More info about the Genus Tetradium may be found here.
- "Robinia". in Flora of Pakistan Page 51. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.