The Tribe Prasieae is a member of the Subfamily Lamioideae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Prasieae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta
Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Tribe Prasieae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (4): Gomphostemma · Phyllostegia · Prasium · Stenogyne
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 164 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Tribe Prasieae.
Shrubs or perennial herbs. Stems with stellate hairs. Leaves petiolate; leaf blade margin serrate, adaxially stellate puberulent/hirsute, abaxially densely stellate lanate. Inflorescences axillary, sometimes basal, rarely terminal, cymes pedunculate or sessile, sometimes in spikes or panicles; bracts subcircular to linear-lanceolate. Calyx campanulate to tubular, 10-veined, 5-toothed, teeth equal or subequal. Corolla purple-red or yellow to white, 2-lipped, straight or curved, long exserted; tube abruptly or gradually dilated at throat, not hairy annulate inside; upper lip straight, slightly galeate, entire or emarginate, sometimes mucronulate; lower lip spreading, 3-lobed, middle lobe longest. Stamens 4, underlying upper lip, anterior 2 longest; filaments complanate, hairy on two sides or glabrous; anthers close together in pairs, cells parallel, transverse. Style included, apically subequally 2-cleft. Nutlets 1-4 maturing per flower, obovoid to ovoid, rarely globose, rugulose, glabrous or hirsute, drupelike, areole oblique. [more]
Phyllostegia is a genus of flowering plant in the mint family, Lamiaceae. [more]
At least 38 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Stenogyne.
More info about the Genus Stenogyne may be found here.
- Wu Cheng-yih & Li Hsi-wen, eds. 1977. Labiatae. Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 65(2): 1-649, 66: 1-647.
- "Gomphostemma". in Flora of China Vol. 17 Page 70. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.