The Tribe Potalieae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Subtribe (3): Faroinae · Lisianthiinae · Potaliinae
- Genus (14): Anthocleista · Congolanthus · Djaloniella · Enicostema · Fagraea · Faroa · Karina · Lisianthius · Lisianthus · Neurotheca · Oreonesion · Potalia · Pycnosphaera · Urogentias
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 476 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Tribe Potalieae.
Anthocleista is a genus of tree- and shrub-like tropical gentians in the Gentian family (Gentianaceae), tribe , subtribe Potaliinae. There are about 50 species in the genus Anthocleista, native mainly to tropical Africa, Madagascar and the Mascarene Islands. Anthocleista was once placed under the family Loganiaceae, but more recent molecular, morphological, and phytochemical evidence has placed the group well within the Gentianaceae. [more]
Fagraea is a genus of plant in family Loganiaceae. It contains the following species (but this list may be incomplete): [more]
Eustoma, a genus of three species in the family Gentianaceae, grows natively in warm regions of the Southern United States, Mexico, Caribbean and northern South America. Examples grow mostly in grassland and in areas of disturbed ground. [more]
More info about the Genus Urogentias may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.