The Phylum Marchantiophyta is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Subphylum (1): Hepaticae
- Class (2): Jungermanniopsida · Marchantiopsida
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 5,392 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Phylum Marchantiophyta.
The Marchantiophyta ( listen) are a division of bryophyte plants commonly referred to as hepatics or liverworts. Like other bryophytes, they have a gametophyte-dominant life cycle, in which cells of the plant carry only a single set of genetic information. [more]
At least 447 species and subspecies belong to the Class Marchantiopsida.
More info about the Class Marchantiopsida may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.