The Subtribe Linospadicinae is a member of the Tribe Areceae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Linospadicinae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta
Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina
(Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Subtribe Linospadicinae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (3): Calyptrocalyx · Howea · Linospadix
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 78 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Subtribe Linospadicinae.
Howea is a of two palms, H. belmoreana and H. forsteriana, both endemic to Lord Howe Island, Australia. H. forsteriana in particular is commonly grown as an indoor plant in the Northern Hemisphere, and the two species form the mainstay of the island's palm seed industry and more importantly its trade in newly germinated seedlings. The palms are also cultivated on Norfolk Island, where seeds are produced for export. [more]
Linospadix is a genus of in the Arecaceae family. [more]
At least 32 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Linospadix.
More info about the Genus Linospadix may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.