Herbs annual with a taproot. Branches declinate. Leaves mostly ternate, some leaves imperfectly 2-ternate. Basal leaves several. Stem leaves 1 or 2. Inflorescences terminal, cymose to umbelliform, few flowered; bracts foliaceous, similar to stem leaves. Flowers radially symmetric, tubular, bisexual. Pedicel slender. S epals 5, petaloid. Petals 2 or 3, ± bilabiate. Stamens 10--15; filaments filiform, often basally slightly dilated; anthers subglobose. Pistils 6--20. Follicles erect, reticulate on lateral surfaces; persistent styles slender. Seeds 4--14, black to dark brown, slightly rugose.
The Genus Leptopyrum is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 3 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Genus Leptopyrum: L. fumarioides · L. generale · L. tenellum
- Fu Dezhi, Orbélia R. Robinson "Leptopyrum". in Flora of China Vol. 6 Page 276. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.