A family of the phylum Filicinophyta.
The Family Isoetaceae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (5): Isoetes · Isoetis · Isoetites · Joycea · Stylites
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 440 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Family Isoetaceae.
Isoëtes, also written Isoetes and commonly known as the quillworts, is the genus of plants in the class and order Isoetales. The order Isoetales is sometimes placed in the class Isoetopsida, sometimes in the Selaginellopsida or Lycopsida. They are considered "fern allies". There are about 140-150 species, with a cosmopolitan distribution but often scarce to rare. Some botanists split the genus, separating two South American species into the genus Stylites. [more]
More info about the Genus Stylites may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.