The Order Hypericales is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (1): Clusiaceae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 681 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Order Hypericales.
The Clusiaceae or Guttiferae Juss. (1789) (nom. alt. et cons. = alternative and valid name) is a family of plants formerly including about 37 genera and 1610 species of trees and shrubs, often with milky sap and fruits or capsules for seeds. It is primarily tropical. More so than many plant families, it shows a large amount of variation in plant morphology (for example, 3 to 10 petals, fused or unfused petals, and many other traits). According to the APG III, this family belongs to the order Malpighiales. The APG III system reduced the circumscription of this family to just 14 genera and about 595 species. [more]
At least 695 species and subspecies belong to the Family Clusiaceae.
More info about the Family Clusiaceae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.