The Order Hippuridales is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (1): Hippuridaceae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Order Hippuridales.
Hippuris, the Mare's tail, was previously the sole genus in the family Hippuridaceae. Following genetic research by the Angiosperm Phylogeny Group, it has now been transferred to the family Plantaginaceae, with Hippuridaceae being reduced to synonymy under Plantaginaceae. [more]
More info about the Family Hippuridaceae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.