The Tribe Helieae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (21): Adenolisianthus · Aripuana · Calolisianthus · Celiantha · Chelonanthus · Chorisepalum · Helia · Irlbachia · Lagenanthus · Lehmanniella · Macrocarpaea · Neblinantha · Prepusa · Rogersonanthus · Senaea · Sipapoantha · Symbolanthus · Tachia · Tetrapollinia · Wurdackanthus · Zonanthus
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 255 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Tribe Helieae.
Adenolisianthus is a plant genus in the Gentian family (Gentianaceae), tribe . The name of the genus is derived from Greek roots meaning "gland-bearing and smooth flower". Only one species, Adenolisianthus arboreus, has been classified as part of this genus. [more]
The genus Macrocarpaea, with 105 species and two hybrids of 0.5 m herbs, shrubs, epiphytes and small trees to 10 m tall, is the largest genus of the tribe Helieae of the gentian family (Gentianaceae). Species of Macrocarpaea have diurnal and nocturnal pollinators, visited during the day by hummingbirds, insects and butterflies, and at night by bats, moths and many different kinds of insects. The common name for the genus is 'Moon-gentian'. No species are known in cultivation. [more]
More info about the Genus Zonanthus may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.