Gynura is an Asian genus of the botanical family Asteraceae. , subfamily Asteroideae, tribe Senecioneae. The most known species is Gynura aurantiaca, so called because of the color of its orange inflorescences. This plant is also commonly know as "Purple Passion" because of the velvety purple leaves. Other species are
- Gynura aurantiaca (ornamental potted plant)
- Gynura bicolor (nutritious cooked vegetable)
- Gynura crepidioides (Okinawa spinach) 
- Gynura drymophila
- Gynura nepalensis (cholesterol spinach)
- Gynura sarmentosa
- Gynura sarmentosa "Pink Ice"
- Gynura sarmentosa "Aureo-variegata"