Gunnerales is an order of flowering plants. In the APG III system (2009) it contains two genera: Gunnera and Myrothamnus. These are assigned to two separate families (Gunneraceae and Myrothamnaceae, respectively). In the Cronquist system (1981) Gunneraceae was placed in the Haloragales and Myrothamnaceae in the Hamamelidales.
The Order Gunnerales is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (2): Gunneraceae · Myrothamnaceae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 131 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Order Gunnerales.
Gunneraceae is the botanical name for a family of flowering plants. Such a family has been recognized by most taxonomists. [more]
At least 3 species and subspecies belong to the Family Myrothamnaceae.
More info about the Family Myrothamnaceae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It includes material from Wikipedia retrieved Wednesday, April 25, 2012.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.