The Family Goodeniaceae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Subfamily (7): Epidendroideae · Faboideae · Orchidoideae · Rhinanthoideae · Rhododendroideae · Rubioideae · Sedoideae
- Tribe (6): Arabideae · Cymbidieae · Hyacintheae · Orchideae · Rhododendreae · Veroniceae
- Genus (36): Aillya · Antherostylis · Anthotium · Brunonia · Calogyne · Camphusia · Catosperma · Catospermum · Coopernookia · Crossotoma · Dampiera · Diaspasis · Distylis · Ericopsis · Euthales · Goodenia · Latouria · Lechenaultia · Leschenaultia · Linschotenia · Merkusia · Molkenboeria · Neogoodenia · Nigromnia · Pentaptilon · Picrophyta · Pogonanthera · Scaevola · Sclerostegia · Selliera · Symphyobasis · Temminckia · Tetraphylax · Velleia · Verreauxia · Xerocarpa
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 983 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Family Goodeniaceae.
Velleia is a genus of herbs in the family Goodeniaceae. Of the 22 species, 21 are endemic to Australia, and one is endemic to New Guinea. [more]
The blue pincushion (Brunonia australis), also known as Native Cornflower, is a perennial herbaceous plant that grows widely across Australia. It is found in woodlands, open forest and sand plains. In the Cronquist system's classification scheme it was the sole member of the monogenetic plant family Brunoniaceae before the APG II system moved it into Goodeniaceae. [more]
Dampiera is a genus of plants in the Goodeniaceae family which are endemic to Australia occurring in all states. They are herbaceous plants or small shrubs which have blue or purple flowers with yellow centres. The genus is named for William Dampier, an English sea captain and scientific observer. [more]
Goodenia is a genus consisting of 179 species of flowering plants. The name was published in 1793 by James Edward Smith in honour of the Bishop of Carlisle Samuel Goodenough. Goodenough was also a botanist and member of the Linnean Society. [more]
Lechenaultia is a genus of plants in the Goodeniaceae family. Some species of this genus are used like ornamental plants. Lechenaultia species are diverse in form, they may appear as trees, shrubs, or small herbaceous plants. [more]
Leschenaultia, or Leschenaultia is the name of plants, animals, and places that refer to [more]
Scaevola is a genus of flowering plants in the Goodenia family, Goodeniaceae. It consists of more than 130 tropical species, with the center of diversity being Australia and Polynesia, including Hawaii. [more]
More info about the Genus Xerocarpa may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.