The Order Geraniales is a member of the Class Magnoliopsida. Here is the complete "parentage" of Geraniales:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Order Geraniales is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (7): Francoaceae · Geraniaceae · Hypseocharitaceae · Ledocarpaceae · Melianthaceae · Rhynchothecaceae · Vivianiaceae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 11,581 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Order Geraniales.
Geraniaceae is a family of flowering plants placed in the order Geraniales. The family name is derived from the genus Geranium. It includes both the genus Geranium (the cranesbills) and the garden plants called geraniums, which modern botany classifies as genus Pelargonium, along with other related genera. [more]
The Melianthaceae is a family of flowering plants. The APG II system includes them within the rosid clade. All members of the Melianthaceae proper are trees or shrubs found in tropical and southern Africa. Francoaceae (the Bridal wreaths) is sometimes included in the family, and consists of two monotypic genera found in Chile. [more]
At least 29 species and subspecies belong to the Family Vivianiaceae.
More info about the Family Vivianiaceae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.