Geothallus is a of liverwort in the Sphaerocarpaceae family. It includes only the single species Geothallus tuberosus, which is endemic to southern California. Its natural habitat is hot deserts. It is threatened by habitat loss.
- Bryophyte Specialist Group 2000. Geothallus tuberosus. 2006 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Downloaded on 21 August 2007.
The Genus Geothallus is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Genus Geothallus: G. tuberosus
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.