The Subfamily Ehretioideae is a member of the Family Boraginaceae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Ehretioideae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta
Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Subfamily Ehretioideae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Tribe (4): Anthemideae · Delphinieae · Notocacteae · Violeae
- Genus (11): Bourreria · Carmona · Coldenia · Cortesia · Ehretia · Halgania · Lepidocordia · Pteleocarpa · Rochefortia · Saccellium · Tiquilia
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 387 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Subfamily Ehretioideae.
Bourreria is a genus of in the borage family, Boraginaceae. [more]
Carmona may be: [more]
Herbs annual. Leaves alternate, margin lobed; secondary veins ending in sinuses. Inflorescences generally extra-axillary on leafy twigs or in forks of branches, sometimes glomerate. Flowers sessile or on short pedicels, 4-merous. Calyx 4-lobed. Corolla throat glabrous, naked or with 4 scaly appendages; lobes spreading, overlapping in bud. Ovary ovoid, somewhat 4-lobed, 2-loculed and with 2 ovules per locule, or falsely 4-loculed and with 1 ovule per locule; ovules anatropous. Styles 2, terminal, divided or united to middle; stigmas 2, usually divided. Fruit fleshy or dry, fastigiate or semiglobose, endocarp bony, divided into 4 1-seeded achenelike mericarps; mericarps ± united ventrally or joined to a central extension of receptacle. Seeds with little or no endosperm or not; embryo straight or curved. [more]
Trees or shrubs. Leaves petiolate, entire or serrate at margin. Inflorescences corymbose or paniculate-cymose. Calyx 5- lobed. Corolla white or pale yellow, tubular or tubular-campanulate, rarely funnelform, 5-lobed; lobes spreading or reflexed. Filaments usually exserted; anthers ovate to oblong or linear. Ovary ovoid, 2-loculed, each locule with 2 ovules. Style terminal, 2-cleft; stigmas 2, capitate or elongated. Drupes yellow, orange, or pale red, subglobose, glabrous, endocarp divided at maturity into 2 2-seeded or 4 1-seeded pyrenes. [more]
Halgania is a genus of small shrubs in the family Boraginaceae which are native to Australia. The genus is named for Emmanuel Halgan, a vice-admiral in the French Navy. [more]
Rochefortia is a genus of in family Boraginaceae. [more]
Tiquilia is a genus of in the borage family, Boraginaceae. The 27 species in this genus are known by the common name crinklemat. They are native to the western hemisphere and are mostly found in desert regions. [more]
At least 33 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Tiquilia.
More info about the Genus Tiquilia may be found here.
- "Coldenia". in Flora of China Vol. 16 Page 337. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Gelin Zhu, Harald Riedl & Rudolf V. Kamelin "Ehretia". in Flora of China Vol. 16 Page 333. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.