The Subtribe Digitariinae is a member of the Tribe Paniceae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Digitariinae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta
Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina
(Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Subtribe Digitariinae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (1): Digitaria
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 559 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Subtribe Digitariinae.
Digitaria is a genus of about 300 species of grass (family Poaceae) native to tropical and warm temperate regions. Common names include crabgrass, finger-grass, and fonio. They are slender monocotyledonous annual and perennial lawn, pasture, and forage plants; some are often considered lawn pests. Digitus is the Latin word for "finger", and they are distinguished by the long, finger-like inflorescences they produce. [more]
At least 560 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Digitaria.
More info about the Genus Digitaria may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.