The Family Dicksoniaceae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Subfamily (1): Rhododendroideae
- Tribe (2): Maranteae · Rhododendreae
- Genus (12): Balantium · Calochlaena · Coniopteris · Culcita · Cystodium · Dicksonia · Lophosoria · Onychiopsis · Panicularia · Pinonia · Sitobolium · Trichosorus
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 225 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Family Dicksoniaceae.
Dicksonia is a genus of tree ferns in the order Cyatheales. It is regarded as related to Cyathea, but is considered more primitive, dating back at least to the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods. The fossil record includes stems, pinnules, and spores. [more]
Lophosoria is a genus of tree ferns within the Dicksoniaceae family. [more]
Cyathea is a genus of tree ferns, the type genus of the fern order Cyatheales. They are mostly terrestrial ferns, usually with a single tall stem. Rarely, the trunk may be branched or creeping. Many species also develop a fibrous mass of roots at the base of the trunk. The genus has a pantropical distribution, with over 470 species. They grow in habitats ranging from tropical rain forests to temperate woodlands. [more]
More info about the Genus Trichosorus may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.