The Order Desfontainiales is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (1): Desfontainiaceae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 0 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Order Desfontainiales.
Desfontainia Ruiz & Pav. is a genus of plant that contains one species, Desfontainia spinosa, a native of Chile that is also known as Taique. The uses include medicinal purposes and as an ornamental evergreen shrub. It grows to two metres in height and width and has glossy dark green leaves that are holly-like in appearance and glossy red tubular flowers with yellow tips. [more]
At least 21 species and subspecies belong to the Family Desfontainiaceae.
More info about the Family Desfontainiaceae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.