The Order Canellales is a member of the Class Magnoliopsida. Here is the complete "parentage" of Canellales:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Order Canellales is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (2): Canellaceae · Winteraceae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 375 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Order Canellales.
The Canellaceae are a family of flowering plants. The family has sixteen species in six genera. The species are highly aromatic evergreen plants, mostly trees and rarely shrubs, which produce essential oils. Families Cannelaceae and Winteraceae form order Canellales. [more]
The Winteraceae are a family of flowering plants. The family includes 120 species of trees and shrubs in 9 genera. [more]
At least 348 species and subspecies belong to the Family Winteraceae.
More info about the Family Winteraceae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.