The Tribe Brongniartieae is a member of the Subfamily Papilionoideae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Brongniartieae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Tribe Brongniartieae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (7): Brongniartia · Cyclolobium · Harpalyce · Hovea · Lamprolobium · Poecilanthe · Templetonia
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 205 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Tribe Brongniartieae.
Hovea (Purple pea; syn. Phusicarpos Poir.) is a genus of perennial shrubs which are native to Australia. Species from this genus are occasionally cultivated as ornamental plants. [more]
Poecilanthe is a genus of in the Fabaceae family. It contains the following species: [more]
Templetonia is a genus of flowering plants in the family Fabaceae. They are native to Australia. The genus is named in honour of John Templeton, an Irish naturalist and botanist. [more]
At least 16 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Templetonia.
More info about the Genus Templetonia may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.