A Phylum in the Kingdom Plantae.
The Phylum Bacillariophyta is a member of the Kingdom Plantae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Bacillariophyta:
The Phylum Bacillariophyta is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (9): Actinodiscaceae · Biddulphiineae · Climacosphenaceae · Coscinodiscoideae · Entophylaceae · Eupodiscaceae · Giffeniaceae · Gomophonemataceae · Thalassiphoraceae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1,047 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Phylum Bacillariophyta.
The family Eupodiscaceae C. A. Agardh 1832, is a diatom family (Bacillariophyceae) present both in marine and freshwater habitats Odontella is the only genera in this family with typical marine species. However, Round et al. (1990) placed Odontella in (Schutt) Lemmermann, order Triceratiales Round and Crawford, subclass Biddulphiophycidae Round and Crawford . The taxonomic status of this family is unclear and disputed. [more]
At least 3 species and subspecies belong to the Family Thalassiphoraceae.
More info about the Family Thalassiphoraceae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.