The Suborder Asparagineae is a member of the Order Asparagales. Here is the complete "parentage" of Asparagineae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Suborder Asparagineae is further organized into finer groupings including:
Asparagaceae is the botanical name of a family of flowering plants, placed in the order Asparagales of the monocots. [more]
Nolinoideae is a monocot subfamily of the family Asparagaceae in the APG III system of 2009. It was previously treated as a separate family, Ruscaceae s.l. The family name is derived from the generic name of the type genus, Nolina. [more]
At least 32 species and subspecies belong to the Family Ruscaceae.
More info about the Family Ruscaceae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.