The Subtribe Arecinae is a member of the Tribe Areceae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Arecinae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta
Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina
(Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Subtribe Arecinae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (3): Areca · Nenga · Pinanga
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 326 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Subtribe Arecinae.
Areca is a genus of about 50 species of single-stemmed palms in the family Arecaceae, found in humid tropical forests from Malaysia to the Solomon Islands. The generic name Areca is derived from a name used locally on the Malabar Coast of India. [more]
Pinanga is a genus of flowering plant in the Arecaceae family. The following species names have been used in the genus: [more]
At least 178 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Pinanga.
More info about the Genus Pinanga may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.