The Family Achariaceae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Tribe (4): Acharieae · Erythrospermeae · Pangieae · Verbeneae
- Genus (27): Acharia · Ahernia · Buchnerodendron · Caloncoba · Camptostylus · Carpotroche · Ceratiosicyos · Chiangiodendron · Chlorocarpa · Dasylepis · Eleutherandra · Erythrospermum · Guthriea · Gynocardia · Hydnocarpus · Kuhlmanniodendron · Lindackeria · Mayna · Pangium · Poggea · Prockiopsis · Rawsonia · Ryparosa · Scaphocalyx · Scottellia · Trichadenia · Xylotheca
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 381 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Family Achariaceae.
Trees, dioecious. Leaves alternate; stipules caducous, not seen; petiole present; leaf blade leathery, pinnate-veined, margin entire. Flowers hypogynous, solitary or few in axillary bracteate corymbs (staminate flowers), or in corymbose clusters arising from tubercles on stems and older branches (staminate or pistillate flowers), pedicellate; pedicels articulate, bracteolate; buds globose. Calyx closed in bud, later cupular, subtruncate, 5-dentate or shallowly 3-5-lobed, finally sometimes with 3-5 irregular or orbicular sepals. Petals 5, united at base, fleshy, each with a scale inside at base. Disk and disk glands absent. Staminate flowers: stamens many (ca. 100) ; filaments free, filiform; anthers basifixed, linear-sagittate, small; pistillode absent. Pistillate flowers: staminodes 10-15; ovary superior, 1-loculed, placentas 5, each with numerous ovules; styles 5, free, columnar; stigmas cordate or peltate, small. Fruit baccate, pericarp thick, woody. Seeds immersed in pulp, numerous, testa thick, crisp; endosperm oily, fleshy; cotyledons compressed-flat. [more]
Hydnocarpus is a genus of medium to large trees of Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines, having alternate leaves, small dioecious racemose flowers, and of which several are sources of chaulmoogra oil and hydnocarpus oil. [more]
Rawsonia is a genus of in family Flacourtiaceae. It contains the following species (but this list may be incomplete): [more]
Ryparosa is a genus of in family Flacourtiaceae. [more]
Trichadenia is a genus of in family Flacourtiaceae. [more]
At least 15 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Xylotheca.
More info about the Genus Xylotheca may be found here.
- "Gynocardia". in Flora of China Vol. 13 Page 112, 113, 116. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.