The Class Zygomycetes is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Order (7): Endogonales · Entomophthorales · Glomales · Kickxellales · Mortierellales · Mucorales · Zoopagales
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 893 species and subspecies in the Class Zygomycetes.
Endogonales is an order of fungi within the phylum of Zygomycota. It contains only one family, Endogonaceae, with four genera and 27 species. [more]
The Entomophthorales are an order of fungi that were previously classified in the class Zygomycetes. A new subphylum, Entomophthoromycotina, has recently been described for them. [more]
Glomerales is an order of symbiotic fungi within the phylum Glomeromycota. [more]
Kickxellales is an order of fungus classified under Kickxellomycotina. [more]
Mortierellales is a fungal order. [more]
The Mucorales is the largest and best studied order of Zygomycete fungi. Members of this order are sometimes called pin molds. [more]
The Zoopagales is an order of fungi in the subphylum Zoopagomycotina. Most species are parasites or predators of microscopic animals such as amoebae. They also predate on rotifers. The order contains 5 families, 22 genera, and 190 species. [more]
At least 214 species and subspecies belong to the Order Zoopagales.
More info about the Order Zoopagales may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.