The Family Pleurotaceae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Subfamily (1): Oecophorinae
- Genus (9): Agaricochaete · Antromycopsis · Geopetalum · Hohenbuehelia · Lentodiopsis · Nematoctonus · Pleuropus · Pleurotus · Scleroma
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 598 species and subspecies in the Family Pleurotaceae.
Antromycopsis is a genus of fungi in the Pleurotaceae family. The genus, an anamorphic form of Pleurotus, has a widespread distribution and contains three species. [more]
Pleurotus is a of gilled mushrooms which includes one of the most widely eaten mushrooms, the oyster mushroom. [more]
Rhinoscleroma, or simply Scleroma, is a chronic granulomatous bacterial disease of the nose that can sometimes infect the upper respiratory tract. It most commonly affects the nasal cavity?the nose is involved in 95-100 per cent of cases?however, it can also affect the nasopharynx, larynx, trachea, and bronchi. Slightly more females than males are affected and patients are usually 10 to 30 years of age. Rhinoscleroma is considered a tropical disease and is mostly endemic to Africa and Central America, less common in the United States. [more]
More info about the Genus Scleroma may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.