The Phylum Gemmatimonadetes is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Class (1): Gemmatimonadetes
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species and subspecies in the Phylum Gemmatimonadetes.
The Gemmatimonadetes are a family of bacteria, given their own phylum (Gemmatimonadetes). The first member of this phylum was discovered in 2003 in activated sludge in a sewage treatment system. The bacteria was named Gemmatimonas aurantiaca and is a gram-negative rod-shaped aerobe that appears to replicate by budding. [more]
More info about the Class Gemmatimonadetes may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.