A Genus in the Kingdom Bacteria.
The Genus Escherichia is a member of the Family Enterobacteriaceae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Escherichia:
- Domain: Bacteria
(Haeckel, 1894) C.r. Woese Et Al., 1990
- Kingdom: Bacteria (Cohn, 1870) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 Ex Cavalier-Smith, 2002
The Genus Escherichia is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 22 species and subspecies in the Genus Escherichia: E. albertii · E. aurescens · E. blattae · E. coi · E. coli (E. Coli) · E. coli communior · E. coli(Migula · E. coli-mutabile · E. colii · E. coliK-12 · E. communior · E. ellingeri · E. fergusonii · E. freundii · E. hermanii · E. hermannii · E. intermedia · E. intermedium · E. metacoli · E. noctuarii · E. sphingidis · E. vulneris
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.