A Genus in the Kingdom Bacteria.
The Genus Azotobacter is a member of the Family Pseudomonadaceae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Azotobacter:
- Domain: Bacteria
(Haeckel, 1894) C.r. Woese Et Al., 1990
- Kingdom: Bacteria (Cohn, 1870) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 Ex Cavalier-Smith, 2002
The Genus Azotobacter is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 15 species and subspecies in the Genus Azotobacter: A. agile · A. agilis · A. armeniacus · A. beijerinckii · A. chroococcum · A. indicum · A. miscellum · A. nigricans · A. nigricans achromogenes · A. nigricans nigricans · A. paspali · A. salinestris · A. spirillum · A. vinelandii · A. vitreum
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.