A Genus in the Kingdom Bacteria.
The Genus Anacystis is a member of the Family Microcystaceae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Anacystis:
- Domain: Bacteria
(Haeckel, 1894) C.r. Woese Et Al., 1990
- Kingdom: Bacteria (Cohn, 1870) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 Ex Cavalier-Smith, 2002
The Genus Anacystis is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 24 species and subspecies in the Genus Anacystis: A. aeruginosa · A. amplivesiculata · A. anomala · A. compacta · A. cyanea · A. dimidiata · A. elabens · A. gloeocapsoides · A. incerta · A. limnetica · A. magnifica · A. marginata · A. marina · A. microsphaeria · A. minutissima · A. montana · A. montana f. minor · A. montana forma minor · A. nidulans · A. parasitica · A. pulchra · A. reinboldii · A. rupestris · A. thermalis
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.