A Class in the Kingdom Archaea.
The Class Halobacteria is a member of the Phylum Euryarchaeota. Here is the complete "parentage" of Halobacteria:
The Class Halobacteria is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (1): Halobacteriaceae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 4 species and subspecies in the Class Halobacteria.
In taxonomy, the Halobacteriaceae are a family of the Halobacteriales in the domain Archaea. [more]
At least 76 species and subspecies belong to the Family Halobacteriaceae.
More info about the Family Halobacteriaceae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.