The Order Unionida is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (5): Etheriidae · Hydriidae · Margaritiferidae · Mutelidae · Unionidae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1,399 species and subspecies in the Order Unionida.
Etheriidae is a family of medium-sized freshwater mussels, aquatic bivalve mollusks in the order Unionoida. [more]
Margaritiferidae is a family of medium-sized freshwater mussels, aquatic bivalve mollusks in the order Unionoida. They are known as freshwater pearl mussels, because they are capable of producing pearls. [more]
Iridinidae is a family of medium-sized freshwater mussels, aquatic bivalve mollusks in the order Unionoida. [more]
Unionidae is a family of freshwater mussels, the largest in the order Unionoida, the bivalve mollusks sometimes known as river mussels, naiads, or simply as unionids. [more]
At least 1,431 species and subspecies belong to the Family Unionidae.
More info about the Family Unionidae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.