The Family Sphyrnidae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (3): Eusphyra · Eusphyrna · Sphyrna
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 19 species and subspecies in the Family Sphyrnidae.
The winghead shark (Eusphyra blochii) is a species of hammerhead shark, family Sphyrnidae, named for the remarkably wide lobes on its head. It is the sole species in the genus Eusphyra. A small and harmless species, the winghead shark is commercially fished throughout much of its range. [more]
Sphyrna is a genus of hammerhead sharks in the family Sphyrnidae. It currently consists of the following species: [more]
At least 24 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Sphyrna.
More info about the Genus Sphyrna may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.