The Order Semaeostomeae is a member of the Class Scyphozoa. Here is the complete "parentage" of Semaeostomeae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Animalia
C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
- Subkingdom: Radiata (rad-ee-AY-tuh) (Linnaeus, 1758) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
The Order Semaeostomeae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (3): Cyaneidae · Pelagiidae · Ulmaridae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 101 species and subspecies in the Order Semaeostomeae.
Cyaneidae is a family of jellyfish. There are 14 species in this family. They are most commonly found in the southern part of the Atlantic Ocean. [more]
Pelagiidae is a family of jellyfish. There are 15 species in this family. [more]
Ulmaridae is a family of jellyfish. [more]
At least 40 species and subspecies belong to the Family Ulmaridae.
More info about the Family Ulmaridae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.