The Order Scandentia is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (2): Ptilocercidae · Tupaiidae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 67 species and subspecies in the Order Scandentia.
The pen-tailed treeshrew (Ptilocercus lowii) is a species of treeshrew in the Ptilocercidae family. It is found in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand. It is the only species in the genus Ptilocercus and the family Ptilocercidae. All other treeshrews are in the family Tupaiidae. [more]
Tupaiidae is one of two families of treeshrews, the other family being Ptilocercidae. It contains 4 genera and 19 species. The family name derives from "tupai", the Malay word for treeshrew and also for squirrel (which Tupaiidae superficially resemble). [more]
At least 64 species and subspecies belong to the Family Tupaiidae.
More info about the Family Tupaiidae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.