The Order Protura is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Suborder (2): Acerentomoidea · Eosentomoidea
- Family (4): Acerentomidae · Eosentomidae · Protentomidae · Sinentomidae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 773 species and subspecies in the Order Protura.
Acerentomidae is a family of hexapods in the order Protura. Acerentomids are not tracheated, and instead utilize cuticular gas exchange. [more]
Eosentomidae is a family of hexapods in the order Protura. Eosentomids are tracheated, unlike the Acerentomidae. [more]
Protentomidae is a family of hexapods in the order Protura. [more]
At least 3 species and subspecies belong to the Family Sinentomidae.
More info about the Family Sinentomidae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.