The Class Placodermi is a member of the Phylum Chordata. Here is the complete "parentage" of Placodermi:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Animalia
Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
- Subkingdom: Bilateria (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Kingdom: Animalia Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
The Class Placodermi is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (7): Actinolepidae · Asterosteidae · Holonematidae · Homostiidae · Macropetalichthyidae · Phlyctaeniidae · Ptyctodontidae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 48 species and subspecies in the Class Placodermi.
Phlyctaeniidae is an extinct family of placoderm fishes that lived during the Devonian period, mainly in Norway and North America. [more]
At least 3 species and subspecies belong to the Family Ptyctodontidae.
More info about the Family Ptyctodontidae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.