A Genus in the Kingdom Animalia.
The Genus Physalia is a member of the Family Physaliidae. Here is the complete "parentage" of Physalia:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Animalia
C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
- Subkingdom: Radiata (rad-ee-AY-tuh) (Linnaeus, 1758) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
The Genus Physalia is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 7 species and subspecies in the Genus Physalia: P. arethusa · P. caravella · P. pelagica · P. pellucida · P. P. (Portuguese Man-Of-War) · P. physalis (Portuguese Man-O'-War) · P. utriculus
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.