The Family Phrynobatrachidae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Genus (1): Phrynobatrachus
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 99 species and subspecies in the Family Phrynobatrachidae.
The dwarf puddle frogs or African puddle frogs make up the Phrynobatrachus with over 70 species. These Afrotropical true frogs are placed in the subfamily Petropedetinae, which some authors consider a distinct family. This is occasionally split up further, particularly in older sources, with the present genus being placed in a family Phrynobatrachidae. [more]
At least 99 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Phrynobatrachus.
More info about the Genus Phrynobatrachus may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The technology underlying this page, including the controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.