The Family Phalangiidae is a member of the Superfamily Phalangioidea. Here is the complete "parentage" of Phalangiidae:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Animalia
C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
- Subkingdom: Bilateria
(Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Branch: Protostomia
Grobben, 1908 - protostomes
- Infrakingdom: Ecdysozoa
A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - ecdysozoans
- Superphylum: Panarthropoda
- Phylum: Arthropoda
Latreille, 1829 - Arthropods
- Subphylum: Arachnomorpha Heider, 1913
- Phylum: Arthropoda Latreille, 1829 - Arthropods
- Superphylum: Panarthropoda Cuvier
- Infrakingdom: Ecdysozoa A.M.A. Aguinaldo et al., 1997 ex T. Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - ecdysozoans
- Branch: Protostomia Grobben, 1908 - protostomes
- Subkingdom: Bilateria (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983 - bilaterians
- Kingdom: Animalia C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
The Family Phalangiidae is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Subfamily (2): Oligolophinae · Phalangiinae
- Genus (50): Acantholopus · Acanthomegabunus · Amilenus · Bactrophalangium · Bunochelis · Cheops · Cosmobunus · Cristina · Dacnopilio · Dasylobus · Dicranopalpus · Egaenus · Eudasylobus · Graecophalangium · Guruia · Gyas · Hadrobunus · Himalphalangium · Homolophus · Kaurema · Krusa · Lacinius · Leiobunum · Leptobunus · Liobunum · Liopilio · Lophopilio · Megabunus · Megistobunus · Metadasylobus · Metaphalangium · Metaplatybunus · Metasclerosoma · Metopilio · Mitopus · Nelima · Odiellus · Oligolophus · Opilio · Paranelima · Paroligolophus · Phalangium · Platybunus · Prionostemma · Rafalskia · Rhampsinitus · Rilaena · Tchapinius · Zachaeus · Zacheus
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 361 species and subspecies in the Family Phalangiidae.
Acanthomegabunus sibiricus is a species of harvestmen in a monotypic genus in the family Phalangiidae. [more]
Amilenus aurantiacus is a species of harvestmen in a monotypic genus in the family Phalangiidae. [more]
Bactrophalangium is a genus of harvestmen in the family Phalangiidae. [more]
Bletia is a of about 30 species of orchids (family Orchidaceae), almost of all of which are terrestrial, some are occasionally lithophytic or epiphytic. It is named after Spanish botanist and pharmacist Don Luis Blet. The genus is distributed from Florida south to Brazil. [more]
Hadrobunus is a of the harvestman family Sclerosomatidae with two species that occur in North America. [more]
Leiobunum is a genus of the harvestman family Sclerosomatidae with more than a hundred described species. [more]
Megabunus is a genus of harvestmen with six known recent species. All occur in Europe, mostly in the vicinity of the Alps. [more]
Mitopus is a of the harvestman family Phalangiidae with nine described species. [more]
Oligolophus is a of the harvestman family Phalangiidae with four described species. [more]
Opilio is a genus of harvestmen with more than sixty known recent species. [more]
Phalangium is a genus of harvestmen, that occurs mostly in the Old World. The best known species is Phalangium opilio, which is so common in many temperate regions that it is simply called "harvestman". [more]
Rilaena is a genus of the harvestman family Phalangiidae. [more]
At least 5 species and subspecies belong to the Genus Zacheus.
More info about the Genus Zacheus may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- The distribution map on the Distribution tab comes from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility and is used with permission.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.